Addy Grace

Addy Grace

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Alone at Last!

We are finally getting back to our usual routine and schedule after a whole week of visitors. You know how it is, having visitors starts off as a good idea and slowly turns into a circus act of spinning plates and trying to keep them all going. You have to keep the visitors happy, while trying to keep some semblance of order and a glimpse of your normal routine intact. It's fun and frustrating all wrapped up in a big box with a bow of exhaustion on top! To say we are happy to have things wind down and have our place to ourselves again would be an understatement.

Addy had another awesome week of therapy with both PT and OT. She has met all of the twelve month milestones, which means she is officially caught up...I'm a proud mama! We are going to continue PT once a week for a few more weeks, and then back it down to twice a month. That means we will have a little bit more freedom during the week, which is also awesome! OT is still going well, but it has taken Addy a lot longer to adjust to the environment of the therapy room and all of the equipment. Renee, the occupational therapist, has been so patient with Addy, and swears up and down that she is a joy to work with! She only gets about 45 good minutes out of her before she starts to lose focus and starts grabbing the keys and heading for the door. Totally cute, and slightly embarrassing at the same time.

To show our appreciation for our therapists and all the hard work they've been putting in with Addy, and will continue to put in with her, I ordered them bracelets from The Lucky Fin Project! (I also ordered two more shirts for me and Nolan, a "Lucky Fins Rock" shirt for big brother, and a new messenger bag that I am obsessed with!) At the end of the session today, I handed Addy the little bracelet and told her to give it to Renee. She wobbled across the mat and handed it to Renee. As I explained what it was and where it came from, Renee's eyes welled up with tears. She was so touched that we thought of her, and was so excited to learn about the LFP! She hugged us both, thanking us over and over, and vowed to wear it always. Spreading LFP love always makes me happy!

I'm getting a much needed night off of mommy duty tonight, which I am both excited about and nervous at the same time! I know that the kiddos will be fine with Daddy, Keegan probably won't even notice I'm gone. It's hard finding a balance between being the 24-7 mom and taking time for myself without feeling guilty, something I am really trying to work on for myself and for the kids. I know they need time away from me just as much as I need time away from them. So bring on the cocktails! If it takes me a while to update again, it's probably because I'll still be recovering from the cocktails...it takes this mama a lot longer to recover than it did when I was in my prime!

Until then, if you'd like to order your very own Lucky Fin Project bracelets or other goodies, head over to The Lucky Fin Project and donate to a wonderful cause!


                     

                                

No comments:

Post a Comment