Addy Grace

Addy Grace

Monday, July 21, 2014

The Eve of the Big 1

The cake is baked, frosted and sprinkled. The dress is picked out, and the pasta salad is made. Just a small get together with our close friends tomorrow to celebrate our big girl turning one whole year old. I've been flooded with memories and emotions all day long, and I'm sure tomorrow will be more of the same. A year ago today I was pregnant, swollen, miserable, and anxiously counting down the hours until I had to head to the hospital for the big c-section. I knew that I would be holding a beautiful baby girl in a matter of hours, but I had no idea that our eyes would be opened to an entirely new world.

I could go on and on and on about the details of that day. The emotions, the crying, the contrasting heartache and immense joy. But for now, I will soak up every last second I can with my baby girl before she officially turns one whole year old.



No comments:

Post a Comment